1. Introduction and General Terms
• what information ARD may collect about you;
• how ARD will use information we collect about you;
• when ARD may use your details to contact you;
• whether ARD will disclose your details to anyone else;
• your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us; and
ARD is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information.
2. Who we are
ARD formed in 2001 to help the poor facing numerous issues such as illiteracy, ill health, migration, child and bonded labour, exclusion and marginalisation. ARD is a registered NGO (registration number 168/2001) under registration of societies act XXI of 1860 act. ARD’s registered address is 15/286, Valayananadapuram, Gudur-524101, SPSR Nellore District, Andhra Prdesh, India.
3. What information will ARD collects?
When you contact ARD to become a member, make a donation or sign up to any of ARD’s activities or online content, such as newsletters or you telephone, email or write to ARD, or engage with ARD via social media channels, we may receive and retain personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, bank account details to process donations.
• Site Browsing: You browse the Site anonymously. We do not require you to identify yourself or reveal any Personal Information while browsing through the Site. However, you may not be able to access certain sections of the Site or interact with us without supplying us with Personal Information. For instance, you would not be able to transact at the Site or make any donations at the Site, without providing the Site with Personal Information. If you desire to register yourself at the Site, you would be required to provide your Personal Information.
• While you are browsing through the Site, the Site’s operating system may automatically record some general information (“General Information”) about your visit such as:
(i) the date and time you visit the Site, along with the address of the previous website your were visiting, if you linked to us from another website
(ii) the type of browser you are using (such as Internet Explorer version ‘X’)
(iii) which ‘hit’ it is on the Site
• The General Information is used by ARD for statistical analysis, for tracking overall traffic patterns on the Site and to gauge the public interest in ARD and the Site.
4. Personal information submitted when you make a donation or submit a feedback
We will collect your first and last name, and your email address, when you make a donation or purchase a ticket using our site. When you make a card payment your credit or debit card details are only collected by our third party payment provider. We do not store your credit or debit card details.
For tax exception receipt on your donation we will also collect your declaration of tax status and your home address.
Usage of personnel Informatioin
• Personal information will be used by ARD for internal purposes including the following:
(i) sending you inter alia emails, features, promotional material, surveys, brochures, catalogues, ARD Annual Report, ARD-in -Action, reminders for donations, regular updates on the utilisation of donations by ARD and other updates.
(ii) processing your donations to ARD on the Site.
(iii) maintaining an internal confidential database of all the Personal Information collected from visitors to the Site
(iv) evaluating and administering the Site and ARD’s activities, responding to any problems that may arise and gauging visitor trends on the Site.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information by ARD
• Within ARD, access to Personal Information collected by ARD will be given only to those persons who are authorised by ARD and third parties hired by ARD to perform administrative services. ARD will provide access to third parties for inter alia entering and managing Personal Information in ARD’s Database, processing your donations preparing address labels, sending emails, which require such third parties to have access to your Personal Information. ARD cannot guarantee that such parties will keep your Personal Information confidential and ARD will not be liable in any manner for any loss of confidentiality attributable to such third parties.
• ARD may share Personal Information with any of persons who are associated with ARD, including companies and governmental organisations affiliated with ARD in any manner. ARD will retain ownership rights over such information and will share only such portions of the Personal Information as it deems fit.
• ARD is not liable in any manner whatsoever for the loss, damage(whether direct, indirect, consequential or incidental) or harm caused to you by the misuse of your Personal Information by a third party who is not an employee of ARD.